To help businesses save time and money, and unleash their human potential. Our vision is to power and empower millions of businesses with our software.
About Jibble Group
We’re a scale-up in the Workforce Management space that has fully embraced remote work since 2017. Headquartered in London, UK, we have close to 100 staff in 19 different countries.
We launched PayrollPanda.my and Jibble.io in 2016 and 2017 respectively. PayrollPanda has become Malaysia’s leading cloud payroll software, and Jibble an award-winning time clock solution, each with thousands of paying customers.
About The Job
We’re looking for a highly experienced Node.js developer to work on the PayrollPanda cloud product. It’s an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer that is looking for a new challenge with a fast-growing startup targeting the fastest-growing region in the world - South-East Asia. The position offers a competitive salary and a fully remote work environment.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- 3+ years with a tech stack that includes NodeJS, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Backbone.js, ParsePlatform or a similar technology is a plus
- Familiar with writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests etc.)
- Agile (scrum) software development experience
- Experience working in remote teams is an added advantage.
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 timezones
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving existing features of the product and working on the back-end implementation of new features as we continue to scale and strive for product-market fit
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team.
- Working closely with the product manager in preparing and approving the scope of work.
Our Tech Stack and Tools:
- Node.js with Loopback/Express/ParsePlatform backend
- Backbone.js frontend
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Jest as standard testing framework
- Deployment on AWS Elastic Container Service
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Specifications for existing & new features
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Testers & automated tests
- Hallway usability testing
To find out more about our recruitment process for this role, please click here.
Salary: USD4,000 - USD5,000